Summit County Clerk’s office under quarantine after COVID-19 exposure
SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah — The Summit County Clerk’s office has been placed on quarantine after the staff was exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
The staff will be quarantined beginning on Monday through Friday, Nov. 6, 2020.
“Approximately 18,000 ballots were received by the Clerk’s Office through end of day Friday, October 30 and will be posted Election Night,” the County wrote on Facebook.
The county said the five-day quarantine is their best-case scenario if all the tests results from those exposed come back negative.
“All ballots that are returned through the mail or to an area drop box will continue to be collected by Election volunteers. The Clerk’s Office will process these additional ballots as soon as staff members are cleared by health officials to safely end quarantine. A finalized ballot count will still be available on November 17 for the Election Canvas (sic) official tally of votes.”
As in all elections, ballots are counted after Election Day and Summit County Clerk Kent Jones said this year will be the same.
“The Summit County Clerk’s Office counts ballots after Election Night each Election Year. Every ballot cast will be accounted for and included in the election totals,” he said.
The County said that the drive-through voting location on Election Day for those who need voting assistance at the Summit County Fairgrounds will still proceed as normal.
They also emphasized that all ballots must be postmarked by Monday, November 2 to be counted. Voters can also return their ballots to official drop boxes which will be available at locations in Summit County until 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3.
Those ballot drop box locations in Summit County are:
- Coalville City Hall – 10 No Main
- County Clerk’s Office – 60 No Main, Coalville
- Summit County Services Building – 110 N Main, Kamas
Box located at entrance on the East side of the building off of the parking lot. Open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mon-Fri
- Park City Municipal Building – 445 Marsac Ave
- The Market at Park City – 1500 Snow Creek Dr
- Sheldon Richins Building – 1885 W Ute Blvd, Park City
Open 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM Mon-Fri, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM Sat Located at the North Entrance ( by the car charging stations)
- Fresh Market – Jeremy Ranch – 3151 Kilby Rd, Park City
Due to a positive COVID-19 exposure, the Summit County Clerk’s Office is under quarantine Monday, November 2 through…
This story is breaking and will be updated.
More election coverage:
- KSL NewsRadio 2020 Election Guide
- Utah County election officials will text voters to avoid lines at polling locations
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard