Mitch McConnell wins re-election bid in Kentucky Senate race
KENTUCKY — Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) has won his re-election bid in Kentucky, the Associated Press called Tuesday.
In one of the most high-profile Senate races in the country, McConnell defeated challenger Amy McGrath — a former Marine pilot who took on the conservative leader.
— AP Politics (@AP_Politics) November 4, 2020
AP called the race at 8:01 p.m. ET, reporting McConnell won the race with 60.7% majority vote. McGrath trailed behind at 35.5%.
The race was called with 37% of the estimated total vote reported in Kentucky.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officers investigate reports of shots fired near Granger Elementary, no shooting occurred
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- Iran wants US out of World Cup after change made to Iranian flag
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- SB I-15 lanes in Washington Co. reopen after closure
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success