Draper mom and son among four killed in Nevada shooting
HENDERSON, Nevada- A Draper mom and son are among four people who were killed in a shooting in Henderson, Nevada on Tuesday.
Police were called to the scene at 11:00 a.m. after someone reported gunshots and an injured person in a doorway.
According to KSL.com, a statement released by Juan Diego Catholic Schools indicated that Diana Hawatmeh and her son, Joseph, a seventh-grader at Saint John the Baptist Middle School in Draper, were killed in the shooting.
Hawatmeh’s daughter, Yasmeen, is in critical condition at a Las Vegas hospital, school officials said.
Henderson Police Capt. Jason Kuzik told reporters that officers found a possible suspect in a nearby car, according to KSL.com.
During a confrontation with the Henderson Police Department, the alleged shooter was shot and killed.
Further information will be provided as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend