SALT LAKE CITY — In their daily update on how Utah is managing the COVID-19 pandemic, Utah health officials reported that 14 more Utahns have died from the disease.
That number brings the total number of deaths due to COVID-19 in Utah to 787.
The majority of those who passed, 7 people, lived in Salt Lake County. Other deaths occurred in Weber, Utah, Wasatch, Emery, and Sevier counties. Most of the deaths occurred in people aged 65-84. One woman was between the ages of 25-54.
There are 551 people currently hospitalized with COVID-19 in Utah. The total number of hospitalizations since the beginning of the global pandemic is 7,458.
Utah officials reported 3,395 more cases of the disease on Saturday and increased the total number of positive cases reported in Utah to 173,979.
As school testing mandates continue, the number of COVID-19 tests has increased dramatically. On Saturday, 1,315,034 people in Utah have reportedly been tested, more than 16,000 people than were reported on Friday.
Also rising, due in part to the mandated tests of public school students, is the rolling 7-day average for positive tests. On Saturday, the Utah Department of Health reported a rolling 7-day average of 3,228 positive tests per day.
The rolling 7-day average for percent of positive laboratory tests is now 23.7%.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission index” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 14286)
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to "transmission index" (pageviews: 8983)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4442)
- Ogden Police Department confirms shots fired Wednesday night – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1099)
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transiton begin (pageviews: 903)
- Developers roll out new COVID-19 test that also detects influenza and RSV (pageviews: 807)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC (pageviews: 804)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 762)