SALT LAKE CITY — On Sunday the Utah Department of Health reported that 3,197 additional cases of COVID-19 have been detected and that six more Utahns have died from the virus.
That brings Utah’s COVID-19 death total to 793.
As more cases are detected, one of the trends being given considerable attention is the number of hospitalization in Utah. Today, there are 556 people hospitalized with COVID-19.
Utah health officials also reported that they conducted an additional 13,641 tests over Saturday, which brings the total number of tests administered since the beginning of the global pandemic to 1,344,945.
The rolling 7-day average for positive tests now rests at 3,310 per day. The rolling 7-day average for the percent of positive lab tests is 23.5%
When considering the additional six Utahns who have died from COVID-19, the majority, five, were hospitalized at the time of their death. One person was in a long term care facility at the time of their death.
Two people now listed as deceased were older than age 85, three were between the ages of 65-84, and one man was between the ages of 65-84.
The deaths occurred in Davis, Salt Lake, Washington, and Weber counties.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to “transmission index” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 14286)
- Utah lifts gathering restrictions on private property, switches back to "transmission index" (pageviews: 8983)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 4442)
- Ogden Police Department confirms shots fired Wednesday night – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1099)
- US agency ascertains Biden as winner, lets transiton begin (pageviews: 903)
- Developers roll out new COVID-19 test that also detects influenza and RSV (pageviews: 807)
- Two missing teens from Taylorsville last seen in SLC (pageviews: 804)
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 762)