ST GEORGE — Police in Washington County are investigating after a search and rescue team found a body near a vehicle that reportedly rolled off a cliff.
According to the St. George News, deputies responded to several calls Thursday afternoon, reporting a vehicle that had gone off a cliff.
After locating the white pickup truck, Washington County Sheriff’s Sgt. Nate Abbott said search and rescue crews were called out, because the vehicle was unoccupied.
The search continued until midnight, but crews were unable to find anyone. They decided to continue the search in the morning, due to the ruggedness of the terrain.
Around mid-morning Friday, they found the body of a 36-year-old man, about 200-300 yards away from the vehicle.
Police confirm that the vehicle that was found was related to a missing person case.
The medical examiner is conducting an autopsy. As of now, no results from the examination have been made known.
The victim’s family has been notified. But police have not yet released his identity to the public.
- General Conference to be virtual again in April, church leaders announce (pageviews: 1483)
- General Conference to be virtual again in April, church leaders announce (pageviews: 1262)
- Gov. Spencer Cox will focus on six priorities in his first 500 days – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1225)
- Large police presence near Rose Park – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1149)
- Contests (pageviews: 828)
- Biden takes the helm as president: 'Democracy has prevailed' (pageviews: 706)
- Full list of pardons and commutations granted by President Donald Trump (pageviews: 690)
- Enter to win a pair of Apple Airpods! - KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 656)