Searchers find body near vehicle that rolled off a cliff
ST GEORGE — Police in Washington County are investigating after a search and rescue team found a body near a vehicle that reportedly rolled off a cliff.
According to the St. George News, deputies responded to several calls Thursday afternoon, reporting a vehicle that had gone off a cliff.
After locating the white pickup truck, Washington County Sheriff’s Sgt. Nate Abbott said search and rescue crews were called out, because the vehicle was unoccupied.
The search continued until midnight, but crews were unable to find anyone. They decided to continue the search in the morning, due to the ruggedness of the terrain.
Around mid-morning Friday, they found the body of a 36-year-old man, about 200-300 yards away from the vehicle.
Police confirm that the vehicle that was found was related to a missing person case.
The medical examiner is conducting an autopsy. As of now, no results from the examination have been made known.
The victim’s family has been notified. But police have not yet released his identity to the public.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- SLC Police arrest man for burglarizing two law offices
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit