Two water mains break causing a road closure and black ice
WEST JORDAN — Crews this morning are busy fixing two water mains in West Jordan that have broken spewing a large amount so of water in the air and onto the roads.
The water main breaks are located at 7265 S 2700 W and near 9000 S 2700 W. Both breaks have caused damage to the nearby roads as well as some flooding at a home near 7200 S.
The breaks have cause 2700 W to be closed between 7200 S and 9000 S while Fire and Public Works fix the main breaks.
Police are also on the scene directing traffic and removing black ice with a salt truck as it is being created by the cold temperatures.
There is no estimate yet on how long the road will be closed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Paragliding crash in Milcreek leaves one in critical condition
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one