Two water mains break causing a road closure and black ice
WEST JORDAN — Crews this morning are busy fixing two water mains in West Jordan that have broken spewing a large amount so of water in the air and onto the roads.
The water main breaks are located at 7265 S 2700 W and near 9000 S 2700 W. Both breaks have caused damage to the nearby roads as well as some flooding at a home near 7200 S.
The breaks have cause 2700 W to be closed between 7200 S and 9000 S while Fire and Public Works fix the main breaks.
Police are also on the scene directing traffic and removing black ice with a salt truck as it is being created by the cold temperatures.
There is no estimate yet on how long the road will be closed.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- Check your pantry, a Conagra canned meat recall may affect you