UDOH says first shipment of COVID-19 vaccine will arrive on Monday
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Health announced on Twitter that the first shipment of the new COVID-19 vaccine will arrive in the state on Monday, with a second shipment arriving on Tuesday.
— State of Utah COVID-19 Response (@UtahCoronavirus) December 12, 2020
The UDOH did not say how many doses of the vaccine will arrive in each shipment.
This news comes the day after the FDA approved the Pfizer vaccine for use in the United States.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Obtain a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Storms blast southern Utah, flash flooding possible
- Saturday crash killed father and 2-year-old son
- Fatal car crash closes southbound I-15 in Washington County
- SLCPD investigating reported sexual assault at frat house near University of Utah
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead