Utah defense, Jordan shine in 38-21 win over No. 21 Colorado
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) — Ty Jordan scored twice, including a game-sealing 66-yard TD burst, and Utah’s revamped defense forced three turnovers to help the Utes rally past No. 21 Colorado 38-21.
The win by the Utes on a snowy day most likely put an end to the Buffaloes’ Pac-12 title hopes.
The soon-to-be-unseated Pac-12 South champion Utes found their footing on the frozen field in the second half, turning a 21-10 deficit into a 34-21 lead after Jordan’s long run with less than five minutes remaining.
Colorado’s Brenden Rice, the son of Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice, showed off his speed by scoring twice, on a punt return and a bubble screen.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Furry friends now feeling the pinch of supply chain shortage issues
- Unopened 1987 Nintendo video game could sell for $10,000