Officer involved shooting in Farmington leaves one man dead
FARMINGTON — A man is dead after an officer-involved shooting early this morning in Farmington.
UHP and Farmington police were conducting a stolen vehicle investigation just after 2 a.m. when according to police a passenger car crashed into a Farmington PD patrol vehicle.
Police say the sole occupant/driver of that passenger vehicle exited the vehicle and was armed as he advanced on the officers and troopers.
As the driver failed to respond to verbal commands, deadly force was used.
The individual was transported to the hospital in critical condition, where the individual later died.
The 29-year-old Farmington man’s name has not yet been released to the public.
Investigators believe that this incident is completely separate from the initial stolen vehicle investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man