One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Police in Salt Lake City said one man is dead and another two are injured following a shooting early Tuesday morning. Meanwhile, Murray Police are busy investigating a separate overnight shooting that left one man in serious condition.
Three victims, one shooting
Police in Salt Lake City said they first received a call of shots fired shortly after midnight. According to dispatch, this happened near the area of 1500 South and Main Street.
Upon arrival, they found one victim at the Main Street Motel with a gunshot wound to the arm. The man is in critical, albeit stable condition, after being taken to the hospital.
Cops said they were looking for a shooter when they made another discovery.
“We located another victim just east of Main Street on Kensington Avenue who was found deceased on the scene,” explains Lt. Andrew Cluff, with the Salt Lake City Police Department.
Next, police received another call about a third victim arriving at St. Mark’s Hospital.
“With another gunshot wound,” he said. “It’s unsure at this time how everyone is related or exactly what took place.”
Police add that they are trying to speak with potential witnesses to help piece everything together. As of Tuesday morning, they are still looking for a potential shooter.
One injured, investigation ongoing in Murray
Murray Police are also busy at work investigating their own overnight shooting.
They said this happened around 1 AM near the Birkhill Apartments on Gilbride Avenue. According to responding officers, they found a man on-scene with possible gunshot wounds. That man was transported to the hospital in serious condition.
Busy night for Police across the valley. In Murray, a man was transported to the hospital with injuries after multiple calls came in for shots fired. Police are looking for 3 suspects. #KSLTV #Murray pic.twitter.com/NdjkCRbx6B
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) December 22, 2020
According to police, the victim was hesitant to share information about what happened.
At this time, cops are looking for two or three suspects. Investigators are asking anyone who may have seen something to please contact them.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting kills one, sends officer to hospital
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- Draper City suing Geneva Rock, the mining company at Point of the Mountain
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Associated Food Stores name David Rice as its new CEO/President
- Utah homes have some of the highest levels of radon gas
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Motorhome crash in Idaho sends two Utahns to the hospital
- Utah rental prices continue to soar
- Intermountain Healthcare announces plans to build hospital in Ephraim