Family credits ‘guardian angels’ as daughter survives hit-and-run
OGDEN, Utah — A Utah family credits what they’re calling “guardian angels” as their daughter narrowly avoided driving over a guardrail into a ravine after a driver slammed into the back of her car late Wednesday night.
Sherry Allred said her daughter was driving home from visiting her older sister when a speeding driver hit her car, spinning it out of control. The unknown driver hit her car twice before driving away, according to Allred.
“We drove by the accident site the next day and my stomach was sickened to see the ledge where my daughter could have gone over the railing,” she wrote in an email to KSL NewsRadio. “It could have ended with a much worse result. Guardian angels had to have kept her from going over that guardrail.”
The car was totaled, but her daughter walked away with only whiplash, according to Allred.
Allred is asking anyone who may have information to “come forward” in hopes of preventing further accidents. The Utah mother said the only evidence they have is paint residue on her daughter’s car from the unknown driver.
“Regardless of whether the driver is found (in hopes to prevent a future accident by that motorist that may not prove to be so fortunate), we are grateful that we are celebrating Christmas today with our daughter who is safe and sound,” Allred said. “If the offending driver was impaired, we would hope that this incident would help others to recognize the danger of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Parts of I-15 closed in Davis County following police chase
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote