Salt Lake City School District looking for input on new superintendent
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City School District is hosting a number of online forums for parents and community members as they continue their search for a new superintendent.
Dr. Lexi Cunningham who was the Salt Lake School District’s superintendent for the last four years, officially announced her resignation in January before leaving in June. She was replaced by interim superintendent Larry Madden.
The district says it is asking for input during their search.
“The board recognizes that selecting a superintendent is one of our most important functions. In order to be successful in selecting the best individual, the board is interested in gaining input from you – parents and community stakeholders,” they said.
“Your opinion and representation are important to us. We have set up a series of parent and community forums through Zoom so you can share your feedback with us.”
They said the four zoom meetings for parents and community members will include information from consultants the district hired. They will provide an overview of the search processes and criteria the school board is considering for their selection.
The district said it will hold four zoom meetings, two for parents and two for community members.
The two meetings for parents will take place on Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021 at 11:00 AM and on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021 at 6:30 PM. The district sent links to those meetings to parents.
ICYMI: We will be hosting a series of parent and community forums through Zoom where you can share your feedback for us to consider in our search for a new superintendent. Learn how you can participate at https://t.co/etCsx0lf3Y. #SLCschools #uted pic.twitter.com/y4cKYeWl2P
— SLC School District (@slcschools) December 28, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Breaking: 5-year-old child in critical condition after being hit by truck
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Deputies say evidence pointing to homicide likely in case of Dylan Rounds
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- New poll suggests marriage is dying
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Two men accused of stealing dying piglets from Utah farm face charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces