Governor-elect Spencer Cox announces pick for Executive Director of the Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice
Jan 2, 2021, 12:10 PM | Updated: 1:16 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Governor-elect Spencer Cox and Lt. Governor-elect Deidre Henderson have nominated Bountiful Police Chief Tom Ross as Executive Director of the Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice.
Ross was born in Salt Lake City and has 34 years of law enforcement experience, including 14 years as the Bountiful Police Chief.
His appointment would become official if he is confirmed by the Utah Senate.
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Suspect arrested, one victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Tom Brady announces retirement: ‘I’m retiring for good’
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday