Missing girl from Washington is found safe in Nevada
WELLS, Nevada — Nevada authorities confirmed a missing 15-year-old girl from Yakima, Washington has been found safe, nearly a day after her disappearance prompted an Amber Alert.
Angeles Revuelta-Buenrostro took out the trash Monday night and never returned.
AMBER ALERT pic.twitter.com/lgOM0FptBO
— Yakima P.D. (@yakimapolice) January 5, 2021
An Elko County Sheriff’s Office deputy patrolling the Wells, Nevada area spotted the 2008 Lexus named in the Amber Alert. Its license plate, from Arizona, also matched the description of the suspect vehicle. During a traffic stop, the deputy identified the driver as Eric Anthony Landeros.
Originally from Pheonix, Arizona, Landeros, 34, had Angeles in the passenger seat, according to authorities. He was arrested on the charges of 1st Degree Kidnapping and Contributing to the Delinquency of a Minor. The total bail set for Landeros is $251,140.
There are no further details available at this time. Elko County Sheriff’s Office is working jointly with Washington State Patrol and the FBI on this investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill