Amber Alert canceled for missing baby boy out of Davis County
SALT LAKE CITY — An Amber Alert issued for a missing baby boy was canceled Wednesday night, after the Davis County Sheriff’s Office said he was found safe in Salt Lake County.
Earlier in the day, investigators issued the alert for an eight pound baby boy, identified only as Baby Torres, about 19 inches long.
The Davis County Sheriff’s Office said at the time the missing baby boy may have been with his mother, Maria Ann Torres, who does not have custody.
While authorities canceled the Amber Alert and said they found the baby safe, they did not make any arrests at the time of the cancellation.
This story will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- Utah gas prices spike, Governor blames regional supply
- Lawyers say new Petito photos prove Moab Police ignored evidence of abuse
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high