White House: National Guard, federal police en route to Capitol to disperse protesters
WASHINGTON—National Guard and federal police are en route to Capitol to assist in ending the occupation by protesters objecting to the electoral vote in favor of President-elect Joe Biden.
The Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam says he is sending 200 state troopers and members of the state National Guard to the US Capitol.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Annual Golden Key Awards presented to local businesses