DC Police report 68 arrests made
WASHINGTON — Police in Washington DC announced on Thursday that 68 arrests have been made after violence broke out at the US Capitol. Of those 68, police said only one was a DC resident.
— DC Police Department (@DCPoliceDept) January 7, 2021
Current acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen said that charges for some of those protesters will be charged as soon as today.
Yesterday our Nation watched in disbelief as a mob breached the Capitol Building and required federal and local law enforcement to help restore order. The Department of Justice is committed to ensuring that those responsible for this attack on our Government and the rule of law face the full consequences of their actions under the law. Our criminal prosecutors have been working throughout the night with special agents and investigators from the US Capitol Police, FBI, ATF, Metropolitan Police Department and the public to gather the evidence, identify perpetrators, and charge federal crimes where warranted. Some participants in yesterday’s violence will be charged today, and will continue to methodically assess evidence, charge crimes and make arrests in the coming days and weeks to ensure that those responsible are held accountable under the law.
NEW: Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen: “Some participants in yesterday’s violence will be charged today, and we will continue to methodically assess evidence, charge crimes and make arrests in the coming days and weeks.” https://t.co/vr9f49oin2 pic.twitter.com/rq5Wwxrp1E
— ABC News (@ABC) January 7, 2021
BREAKING: Update from the US Capitol Police. pic.twitter.com/OJeVVsf0TL
— KSL NewsRadio (@kslnewsradio) January 7, 2021
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…