President Donald Trump posted a video on Twitter Thursday night, acknowledging a new administration will take office in the next two weeks. He also condemned the violent supporters who stormed the nation’s Capitol Wednesday.
In his message, President Trump acknowledged Congress has certified the results, meaning the “new administration will be inaugurated on January 20.” For now, his focus will turn “to ensuring a smooth orderly and seamless transition of power.”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2021
He also condemned the violence that prompted several arrests Wednesday, calling it a “heinous attack” that left him “outraged by the violence lawlessness and mayhem.”
Although he did not address his initial support of a gathering outside the Capitol, he said all he wanted to accomplish in his efforts to overturn the election was to ensure a reliable system.
He continued, telling his supporters that, while he knows they are “disappointed,” he looks forward to their journey that “is only just beginning.”
- Alaska woman using outhouse attacked by bear, from below (pageviews: 3680)
- Utahns 16+ with co-morbidities eligible "effective immediately" for vaccine (pageviews: 3493)
- Local health officials update COVID-19 numbers, discuss "vaccine hunters" (pageviews: 2561)
- Alaska woman using outhouse attacked by bear, from below – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2031)
- Sand Ridge Jr. High parents want clarification after librarian used racist phrase (pageviews: 1109)
- Kearns woman reportedly kidnapped and murdered because she ‘knew too much’ – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1011)
- Local health officials update COVID-19 numbers, discuss “vaccine hunters” – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 984)
- Hot Air Balloon in southern Utah forced into 'wet landing' (pageviews: 911)