President Trump acknowledges ‘new administration’ will be sworn into White House
President Donald Trump posted a video on Twitter Thursday night, acknowledging a new administration will take office in the next two weeks. He also condemned the violent supporters who stormed the nation’s Capitol Wednesday.
In his message, President Trump acknowledged Congress has certified the results, meaning the “new administration will be inaugurated on January 20.” For now, his focus will turn “to ensuring a smooth orderly and seamless transition of power.”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2021
He also condemned the violence that prompted several arrests Wednesday, calling it a “heinous attack” that left him “outraged by the violence lawlessness and mayhem.”
Although he did not address his initial support of a gathering outside the Capitol, he said all he wanted to accomplish in his efforts to overturn the election was to ensure a reliable system.
He continued, telling his supporters that, while he knows they are “disappointed,” he looks forward to their journey that “is only just beginning.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Time Out on the Field