How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday in quarantine
(CNN) — The legendary Betty White turns 99 on January 17 and like many others this year she is planning a birthday in quarantine.
White recently spoke with “Entertainment Tonight” about how she will spend the start of her last year as a nonagenarian.
“What am I doing for my birthday?,” she said. “Running a mile each morning has been curtailed by COVID, so I am working on getting The Pet Set re-released, and feeding the two ducks who come to visit me every day.”
“The Pet Set” was White’s show from the 1970s in which she and spotlighted animals and some of her fellow famous animal-loving friends.
The beloved comedic actress told People magazine the key to long life includes “having a sense of humor.”
“Just looking at the positive side and not dwelling on the downside,” White said. “Takes up too much energy being negative. Also having a good agent who keeps me busy all the time.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- 18-year-old connected to Orem shooting turns himself in
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week