How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday in quarantine
(CNN) — The legendary Betty White turns 99 on January 17 and like many others this year she is planning a birthday in quarantine.
White recently spoke with “Entertainment Tonight” about how she will spend the start of her last year as a nonagenarian.
“What am I doing for my birthday?,” she said. “Running a mile each morning has been curtailed by COVID, so I am working on getting The Pet Set re-released, and feeding the two ducks who come to visit me every day.”
“The Pet Set” was White’s show from the 1970s in which she and spotlighted animals and some of her fellow famous animal-loving friends.
The beloved comedic actress told People magazine the key to long life includes “having a sense of humor.”
“Just looking at the positive side and not dwelling on the downside,” White said. “Takes up too much energy being negative. Also having a good agent who keeps me busy all the time.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah