David Hasselhoff auctioning personal K.I.T.T. car from ‘Knight Rider’ series
(CNN) — David Hasselhoff is auctioning off his personal K.I.T.T. car, a Pontiac Firebird Trans Am styled after the iconic car used in his 1980s television series “Knight Rider.”
The vehicle is similar to the K.I.T.T. car used by his character Michael Knight, but it was not used in television production, according to the auction site. Unfortunately, this version of the car does not talk.
“The sleek, black K.I.T.T. car is fully functional with the brilliantly colorful illuminated dash and console that would be immediately identifiable to Knight Rider fans,” according to Diligent Auctions, which is handling the sale.
The current bid for the car is nearly $500,000, exceeding the predicted estimate of $175,000 to $300,000. As an added bonus, if the winning bid is 25% over the reserve price, the 68-year-old actor will personally deliver the car to the new owner.
If car is out of your price range, also up for auction is a toy pedal version of the car autographed by Hasselhoff. It is currently listed for more than $1,000, above the $400-$500 pre-auction estimate. The auction site notes that it “needs a little TLC to work properly.”
The car is part of an auction of memorabilia by Hasselhoff that includes wardrobe, awards, scripts, toys and autographed items from his acting career. The auction ends on January 23.
“Knight Rider” aired on NBC for four seasons from 1982-1986. Hasselhoff was the main character but the car was as much a star of the show as he was. In the series, K.I.T.T. was a supercomputer-powered car that was voice-activated, autonomous and equipped with advanced surveillance technology that helped it detect nearby obstacles.
K.I.T.T. stood for Knight Industries Two Thousand and helped Hasselhoff’s character hunt down criminals for a group called the Foundation for Law and Government. Actor William Daniels was the voice of the car.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan