Large police presence near Rose Park
SALT LAKE CITY — A large police presence in the Rose Park neighborhood of Salt Lake City is affecting traffic early Friday morning.
Law enforcement began blocking roads near 400 N and Redwood Road starting just before 5 a.m.
SLCPD said there is no threat to the public at this time and that the suspect barricaded in an RV after an aggravated assault. Currently, SWAT teams, negotiators and social workers on the scene.
We are currently dealing with a barricaded subject near 400 N. and Pamela Way. Our SWAT team, negotiators and social workers are in scene. There is no threat to the public. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/M0aJR6Ffcw
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) January 22, 2021
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour