Large police presence near Rose Park
SALT LAKE CITY — A large police presence in the Rose Park neighborhood of Salt Lake City is affecting traffic early Friday morning.
Law enforcement began blocking roads near 400 N and Redwood Road starting just before 5 a.m.
SLCPD said there is no threat to the public at this time and that the suspect barricaded in an RV after an aggravated assault. Currently, SWAT teams, negotiators and social workers on the scene.
We are currently dealing with a barricaded subject near 400 N. and Pamela Way. Our SWAT team, negotiators and social workers are in scene. There is no threat to the public. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/M0aJR6Ffcw
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) January 22, 2021
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat