UDOT: Southbound I-15 experiencing major delays due to crash
The Utah Department of Transportation is reporting major delays on Southbound I-15 because of a crash Saturday evening. After being closed for a few hours, exit 351 at State Route 126 has been reopened near Willard in Box Elder County.
Driver Alert: SB I-15 is closed at Exit 351/SR-126, South Willard, Box Elder County, due to a crash. Expect major delays or use an alternate route. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UDOTRegionOne @UtahTrucking @UtahDOT
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) January 23, 2021
UDOT didn’t specify the cause of the crash, but it comes as light snowfall approaches the mountains and flurries reach the valley floor.
Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Michael Gordon confirmed it was a fatal crash. However, no other details were released as of 8 p.m.
Officials warn drivers of major delays and recommend commuters to find an alternate route.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs