UDOT: Southbound I-15 experiencing major delays due to crash
The Utah Department of Transportation is reporting major delays on Southbound I-15 because of a crash Saturday evening. After being closed for a few hours, exit 351 at State Route 126 has been reopened near Willard in Box Elder County.
Driver Alert: SB I-15 is closed at Exit 351/SR-126, South Willard, Box Elder County, due to a crash. Expect major delays or use an alternate route. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UDOTRegionOne @UtahTrucking @UtahDOT
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) January 23, 2021
UDOT didn’t specify the cause of the crash, but it comes as light snowfall approaches the mountains and flurries reach the valley floor.
Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Michael Gordon confirmed it was a fatal crash. However, no other details were released as of 8 p.m.
Officials warn drivers of major delays and recommend commuters to find an alternate route.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral