Sometimes life throws us some pretty big curve balls that we weren’t expecting. You might feel discouraged and helpless, but all you need is a little direction and a helping hand. Open Doors in Davis County is there to help by providing the resources needed to assist families in finding lasting solutions to poverty, preventing abuse, and attaining self-reliance.
Living in difficult situations can lead to dysfunctional relationships, domestic violence, and child abuse. Their purpose is to promote self-sufficiency and strengthen families rather than replace personal responsibility.
They have several programs available including family support groups, crisis and respite nurseries, parent education to prevent child abuse, community action programs that assists families with food and housing, and a peer mentoring program aimed to help low-income individuals break the cycle of poverty.
Their mission is to open the door for others who are carrying a heavy load. To learn more or donate please visit OpenDoorsUtah.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the family support provided by Open Doors as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- Salt Lake City Police investigating shooting at Meadows Park
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors