Tooele County School District
Did you know students experiencing homelessness may exhibit excessive tardiness or absences, are more likely to miss homework assignments, and may lack a support system or guidance? The Tooele County School District provides services and supplies to children experiencing homelessness in Tooele County. They have helped hundreds of students in the district by providing basic essentials.
Each year they provide nutritious weekend meal kits, hygiene supplies, clothing, shoes, winter coats and school supplies. As you can imagine, having warm clothing, food in your belly, and knowing someone cares about you can make a world of a difference in a child’s life.
You can help by donating new or unused clothing like socks, shoes, underwear and coats, as well as non-perishable food items to their donation drop box located at the Tooele County School District Youth and Family Resource Center. For more information, please visit tooeleschools.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the community care provided by Tooele County School District as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot