Downtown Salt Lake City pub will celebrate the Superbowl — safely
SALT LAKE CITY — As thousands of Utahns got ready for a Kansas City Chiefs and Tampa Bay Bucs Superbowl, one pub owner in downtown Salt Lake City was looking out the window.
In the era of the spreading novel coronavirus, the crew at Poplar Street Pub told KSL Newsradio that, yes, they will have some super bowl specials, along with typical pub food and drinks. And by Sunday afternoon, people were starting to show up.
And door man Craig Hampton said the pub will remain vigilant about safety while enjoying what they hope will be a great game.
“We’re still kind of staying away, as a company, from live music and karaoke,” Hampton said. “It’s just a little too much for Covid.”
He said tables are spaced, masks are required and they will adhere to mandated occupancy requirements just in case he gets a line at the door
“We put up some signs, but outside of that it’s just kind of a regular Sunday.”
We’d love to see your safe self-distancing super bowl snack spread- you can go to KSL newsradio’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram sites and post your pics.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested