Downtown Salt Lake City pub will celebrate the Superbowl — safely
SALT LAKE CITY — As thousands of Utahns got ready for a Kansas City Chiefs and Tampa Bay Bucs Superbowl, one pub owner in downtown Salt Lake City was looking out the window.
In the era of the spreading novel coronavirus, the crew at Poplar Street Pub told KSL Newsradio that, yes, they will have some super bowl specials, along with typical pub food and drinks. And by Sunday afternoon, people were starting to show up.
And door man Craig Hampton said the pub will remain vigilant about safety while enjoying what they hope will be a great game.
“We’re still kind of staying away, as a company, from live music and karaoke,” Hampton said. “It’s just a little too much for Covid.”
He said tables are spaced, masks are required and they will adhere to mandated occupancy requirements just in case he gets a line at the door
“We put up some signs, but outside of that it’s just kind of a regular Sunday.”
We’d love to see your safe self-distancing super bowl snack spread- you can go to KSL newsradio’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram sites and post your pics.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces