Utah’s US attorney John Huber submits resignation after Biden request
SALT LAKE CITY — John Huber, the United States attorney for the District of Utah, has submitted his letter of resignation to President Joe Biden. Huber’s resignation will be effective Feb. 28, 2021.
The move comes after the U.S. Justice Department requested the resignation of all Trump-era U.S. attorneys.
“It has been an extraordinary honor to represent the United States of America in the District of Utah over the past six years,” Huber wrote.
“From the time President Obama appointed me, through President Trump’s administration and up to my final day of service, I have aspired to be a statesman who prioritizes patriotism over partisanship.
“I wish you the very best as you lead our great nation over the next four years and pray that God may continue to bless the United States of America.”
In 2017, in a similar move by the then-Trump administration, then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions sought resignations from 46 U.S. attorneys who’d worked with the Obama administration.
The request by the Biden Administration is not uncommon, but it is not automatically assumed that U.S. District Attorneys appointed by previous administrations will retire or e asked to resign.
Huber has been Utah’s lead federal law enforcement official since June 2015. He is an honors graduate of the University of Utah and received both his undergrad and graduate degrees from the Salt Lake City school, the latter from the S.J. Quinney College of Law. According to his official webpage, Huber then worked in the Weber County Attorney’s Office before joining the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Archaeologists unearth 27 coffins at Egypt’s Saqqara pyramid
- More human remains discovered in Lake Mead’s receding waters
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- Speed Week on Bonneville Salt Falts is called off due to flooding from rain
- Russian dairy farmers gave cows VR goggles with hopes they would be happier and make better milk
- The University of Utah releases phone calls from the McCluskey murder
- Amber Alert canceled, missing boys from Price found in Elko, Nevada
- Tom Davidson – Box Elder High School
- Thousands of dead fish are washing up along a California river. It’s because of a…