More vaccine appointments open for residents 70+ in Utah County
UTAH COUNTY — The Utah County Health Department has vaccine doses they’d like to give to any Utah resident over the age of 70 on Thursday and Friday.
The county is also inviting healthcare workers and educators who not gotten their vaccine to get one.
“We have a limited number of vaccination slots available [Thursday] and Friday that we are still looking to fill,” said Aislynn Tolman-Hill, Utah County Health Department Public Information Officer. “Intermountain Healthcare is also assisting in vaccinating our community members doing vaccination clinics.”
All eligible individuals must make an appointment before hand, but they do not need to be insured to obtain the vaccine.
“You must have an appointment to receive a vaccination,” said Tolman-Hill. “There are detailed instructions on both web sites for requirements as well as the process individuals will go through.”
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Obtain a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour