Weber County delays vaccine appointments until next week, cites national weather crisis
WEBER COUNTY — Utahns planning to get their COVID-19 vaccine in Weber County on Thursday of this week (Feb. 18) will have to wait until Monday, Feb. 22 instead.
The Weber County delays are due to the severe weather impacting the majority of the nation, vaccine shipments to the Weber-Morgan Health Department have been delayed.
The county said Wednesday around 700 appointments will be rescheduled for Monday, Feb. 22. All of the new appointments will be at the same time as originally scheduled. The Dee Events Center on the Weber State University campus remains the vaccinate site.
Weber County said it will notify clinic participants of the change via telephone or email.
According to the state of Utah’s coronavirus tracking webpage, Weber County is considered to have a “very high” rate of COVID-19 infections. The county has reported 27,199 positive cases of the virus. And nearly 170 residents of Weber County have died due to COVID-19.
Weather forces some COVID testing/vaccination sites to close
Extra doses bring long line to get vaccinated, says Salt Lake County
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Get a flu shot.
Utah’s Coronavirus Information
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Commonly asked questions, World Health Organization
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- What you can do about snow mold in your lawn