Fire crews rescue 4 people and 18 animals from basement fire
Feb 20, 2021, 10:53 AM | Updated: 10:55 am
SALT LAKE CITY — Eighteen animals were rescued from a basement fire at 452 North 1400 West Saturday morning.
Four adults were displaced from the home but luckily they were not injured by the fire.
Emergency responders were able to rescue Six dogs, one large and two small tortoises, three cats, one parrot, three snakes, and two lizards from the fire.
This morning SLC Fire crews responded to a basement fire, 452 N 1400 W. 4 adults displaced. No injuries. Animals saved by SLCFD: 6 dogs, 1 large tortoise, 2 small tortoises, 3 cats, 1 parrot, 3 snakes, 2 lizards. Unfortunately one bird was lost. Cause under investigation. pic.twitter.com/dF2KiHmRO1
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) February 20, 2021
Unfortunately, one bird was lost. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Body found at 600N, I-15 Southbound
- Utah’s COVID-19 transmissions slowed but still present
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Clearfield power and traffic alert
- Robbery at swap meet leaves one victim shaken up
- Full interlodge in effect for Alta and Snowbird ski area
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Not everyone is a fan of Utah’s new state flag
- Winter-like temperatures sticking around
- Salt Lake carjacking suspect dead, investigation continues