PROVO, Utah — A Provo man potentially faces charges in the accidental stabbing of his toddler daughter. Police say he mistook the 23-month-old child for another person in bed with his wife.
Miguel Francisco Rodriguez-Vera, 34, was booked into the Utah County Jail while the case is under investigation.
Provo police said they got the call about the stabbing of the toddler around 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday, as the girl’s mother rushed her to the hospital.
According to Provo police, Rodriguez-Vera had been drinking and began yelling at his wife when he noticed a large number of pillows and blankets in the bed which led him to suspect someone else was in the bed with his wife. Police said he then asked who was in the bed with her — and then stabbed through the sheets cutting the girl.
The toddler’s mother then rushed the girl to the hospital where she was treated for a stab wound in her foot. Police say the injury was not life-threatening.
If you need help with a domestic violence situation you can call the Utah Domestic Violence Link-Line at 800-897-LINK.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Opinion: A Former Coachman’s Waitress Says Farewell
- Do You Suffer From Intimacy Pain, Pressure, or Leaking? Here Are 7 Ways You Can Get Relief…
- Pandemic child abuse reports down, but Utah cases did not go away
- Looking for Something Fun to do With Your Whole Family? 3 Fun Things To Do in Logan Utah
- More than 500k Utahns qualify for ‘zero-dollar,’ lower premium health care plans
- What is an accessory dwelling unit? How ADU’s can help your finances, future, and your…
- Don’t run out of money in your retirement | Potential retirement solutions to help you…
- Senators Romney and Lee sign letter to oppose lifting ban on earmarks
- Dogecoin jumps 20% as crypto fans declare Doge Day
- Before you book your family trip: Here’s what you need to know about Bear Lake rentals…