Death of man at Quail Creek State Park under investigation
WASHINGTON CITY, Utah — Officials continue to investigate the death of a 77-year-old Washington County man at Quail Creek State Park in southern Utah.
Death reported at Quail Creek State Park
The Utah Division of Parks and Recreation said family members reported Donald Denoon, 77, missing around 7:45 p.m. Monday when he did not make it back home from a solo fishing trip.
Crews from the state park, Washington County Search and Rescue, and Hurricane City police responded to the area to conduct a search.
They found Denoon’s body in the water around 10:30 p.m. While searchers found a life jacket inside his boat, they said he was not wearing one.
State park officials did not say what caused Denoon’s death, but they said conditions at the reservoir Monday included chilly water temperatures and strong, gusty winds.
Denoon’s death is at least the second related to an accident at Quail Creek since the beginning of the year. In January, another fisherman became trapped in his truck on the boat ramp as it became submerged and died at a nearby hospital.
- Sandy places new safety posts along trails
- County aquatics urges safety, lessons after drownings
- ‘Good Samaritan’ boater rescues swimmer at Pineview Reservoir
- Skyline High School swimmer helps save life at state swim meet
- New study: Utah high on the list of alcohol-related boating accidents
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah