Deli owner and loved community member, Tony Caputo, has died at age 72
Mar 10, 2021, 4:10 PM | Updated: 4:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — The beloved founder of Caputo’s Market has died.
Tony Caputo – born and raised in Utah – opened the deli across from Pioneer Park nearly 25 years ago.
His family says they’re grateful for all the love they’ve received from the community over the years, and especially during this hard time.
Tony Caputo was 72 years old.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot