One person killed in Taylorsville housefire Saturday morning
TAYLORSVILLE, Utah — Heavy smoke and flames were pouring out of a home when Unified Fire Authority officials arrived Saturday at 2157 S Cedar Breaks Drive in Taylorsville.
Unified Fire said they were able to get to the home quickly after receiving a distress call. But they said the home was already heavily involved upon their arrival, and, that someone was inside.
That person died in the fire. She is described as a female in her 60s. Unified Fire said another resident of the home was able to get out safely and call for help.
The Deseret News reports that firefighters were able to find the person who’d been trapped inside the home, but by that time, the person was dead.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Brigham City Police seeking help in locating missing teenager
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address