Tolls are back in Utah County express lanes
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) will start charging tolls again Friday morning for single-occupant vehicles using the express lanes through the Technology Corridor project on I-15 through Lehi to Point-of-the-Mountain. The project was recently completed and six lanes of traffic are now operating in each direction.
John Gleason with UDOT outlined the rules for the express lanes.
“They can only be used by car poolers, buses, motorcycles, emergency vehicles, ‘C’ decal vehicles and those vehicles with an express pass,” Gleason said.
The revenue collected from drivers who use the Express Pass transponders, he said, is used to operate the express lane system, which now stretches along I-15 from Weber County into Utah County.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map