At least 1 person dead after 3-vehicle crash on I-15
PARAGONAH, Utah — One person has died following a crash involving three vehicles on I-15 just south of Beaver, Utah Highway Patrol officials confirmed Sunday evening.
Troopers are investigating a crash south of Beaver on I-15. Unfortunately this crash has resulted in fatal injuries. Please drive safe as we get into Spring vacations over the next few weeks. More details will be provided shortly.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) March 29, 2021
UHP spokesperson Chris Bishop said officials are still gathering details on the crash, but have determined three vehicles were involved: a Mazda, Toyota Tacoma and an Infinity. It’s not yet known how many people were involved or if other injuries were sustained.
Two helicopters were called to the scene to transport patients, according to a tweet by UHP Sunday evening. The exit for state Route 271 near Paragonah was initially closed, but reopened around 6:45 p.m., officials confirmed.
Additional information on the crash or the victim was not immediately available.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured