At least 1 person dead after 3-vehicle crash on I-15
PARAGONAH, Utah — One person has died following a crash involving three vehicles on I-15 just south of Beaver, Utah Highway Patrol officials confirmed Sunday evening.
Troopers are investigating a crash south of Beaver on I-15. Unfortunately this crash has resulted in fatal injuries. Please drive safe as we get into Spring vacations over the next few weeks. More details will be provided shortly.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) March 29, 2021
UHP spokesperson Chris Bishop said officials are still gathering details on the crash, but have determined three vehicles were involved: a Mazda, Toyota Tacoma and an Infinity. It’s not yet known how many people were involved or if other injuries were sustained.
Two helicopters were called to the scene to transport patients, according to a tweet by UHP Sunday evening. The exit for state Route 271 near Paragonah was initially closed, but reopened around 6:45 p.m., officials confirmed.
Additional information on the crash or the victim was not immediately available.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac dead at 79
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples