WATCH: good Samaritans, UHP trooper, prevent man jumping onto 4500 South
SALT LAKE CITY — Several good samaritans stopped to help a Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) trooper Tuesday afternoon as he struggled to prevent a suicidal person from attempting to jump from an I-15 onramp onto 4500 South below.
In the video, the good samaritans are seen joining the rescue effort, and together they were able to bring the individual back to safety. UHP Trooper Cpl. Battenfield helped saved the person, according to spokesman Lt. Nick Street.
If you or a friend or loved one is struggling with suicidal thoughts, there is help for you here.
If you are in immediate need, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade