Murray restaurant owner says he’ll keep mask requirements
SALT LAKE CITY — Some restaurant owners across the state are planning to keep mask requirements at their businesses.
Mask requirements staying at some restaurants
It comes in anticipation of the statewide mask mandate ending Saturday.
“We want people to come in, but we also want masks,” said Gonzalez.
He said a mask requirement is important to ensure the safety of both his staff and customers, even if the move means he loses some business.
“I hope I don’t, but I’m sure there will be one or two people that push back,” he said. “That’s the beautiful thing about this country… you have a choice. If they chose to do that and to not want to come in because we’re requiring a face mask, then that’s up to them. I want to provide good service. I want to provide good food, but I also want to provide a little bit of safety.”
Salt Lake County discusses what’s next
Despite the statewide mask mandate set to expire on Saturday, the countywide particulars beyond that date are still unknown.
Later this week, the Salt Lake County Health Department and County Council will determine if a mandate will remain throughout the county.
— Mayor Wilson (@SLCoMayor) April 6, 2021
Wilson has already stated publicly that she wants people to continue wearing a mask beyond this weekend.
“Regardless of their decision, Salt Lake County residents should continue to wear masks while in public until many more of our residents receive the vaccine, and we are closer to herd immunity,” she explained. “Businesses, large and small, should continue the requirement as well. “
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…