OGDEN, Utah (AP) — Daniel Wright stiff-armed his way around left end and grazed the ball past the pylon to score the winning touchdown on a 6-yard carry, lifting Weber State to a 20-15 victory over Idaho State to nail down the Big Sky Conference championship with an automatic berth into the post-season.
The upset-minded Bengals took a 15-14 lead after a Kevin Ryan 23-yard field goal. Wright capped the game-winning 76-yard touchdown drive on the next possession.
Bronson Barron was 15-for-24 passing for 258 yards for Weber State.
Ty Vander Waal was 19-of-41 passing for 268 yards with Tanner Conner catching six passes for 98 yards for the Bengals.
Today’s Top Stories
- These school districts will not require masks for the final week of this school year
- Emergency order extended for drought, Utah Farm Bureau praying for rain
- One person dead, firefighter hurt in suspicious Bountiful house fire
- New poll shows majority of Utahns are concerned about housing market
- House Republicans vote to make Elise Stefanik conference chair replacing Liz Cheney
- No masks required for the last week of school, Governor Cox says
- Several pigs dead after falling out of trailer on freeway
- Sen. Romney and Rep. Curtis push bill that sets aside land in Illinois amid ‘land grab’
- Is it time to change careers? 41% of workers are considering it.
- Where to get a vaccine in Utah for 12 to 15 year olds