Wright barrels 6 yards for winning TD as Weber State wins Big Sky
OGDEN, Utah (AP) — Daniel Wright stiff-armed his way around left end and grazed the ball past the pylon to score the winning touchdown on a 6-yard carry, lifting Weber State to a 20-15 victory over Idaho State to nail down the Big Sky Conference championship with an automatic berth into the post-season.
The upset-minded Bengals took a 15-14 lead after a Kevin Ryan 23-yard field goal. Wright capped the game-winning 76-yard touchdown drive on the next possession.
Bronson Barron was 15-for-24 passing for 258 yards for Weber State.
Ty Vander Waal was 19-of-41 passing for 268 yards with Tanner Conner catching six passes for 98 yards for the Bengals.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…