SALT LAKE CITY — As winds continue to blow across the northern Wasatch, the Utah Department of Transportation has issued road restrictions.
Throughout the morning, weather stations reported gusts of 84 mph in Weber Canyon, 79 mph at Park Lane, and 59 mph at Logan’s airport and at the University of Utah.
The National Weather Service has issued a High Wind Warning that will remain in effect until noon on Wednesdsay.
So far, peak winds for this event:
💨84 mph at Weber Canyon
💨79 mph at Park Lane
💨67 mph Logan Peak
💨62 mph North Brigham City
💨59 mph Logan Cache Airport
💨59 mph Univ of Utah#utwx
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) April 14, 2021
UDOT said a number of crashes have closed:
Salt Lake County
Westbound I-180 is closed at milepost 130 with traffic being diverted at the exit to I-215 East due to a crash. UDOT says motorists should expect significant delays
Box Elder County
Traffic on WB I-84 is closed in Tremonton due to multiple crashes in the area. UDOT said they don’t currently have an expected clearance time.
This story will be updated.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- These school districts will not require masks for the final week of this school year
- Emergency order extended for drought, Utah Farm Bureau praying for rain
- One person dead, firefighter hurt in suspicious Bountiful house fire
- New poll shows majority of Utahns are concerned about housing market
- House Republicans vote to make Elise Stefanik conference chair replacing Liz Cheney
- No masks required for the last week of school, Governor Cox says
- Several pigs dead after falling out of trailer on freeway
- Sen. Romney and Rep. Curtis push bill that sets aside land in Illinois amid ‘land grab’
- Is it time to change careers? 41% of workers are considering it.
- Where to get a vaccine in Utah for 12 to 15 year olds