UDOT issues Wednesday road restrictions
SALT LAKE CITY — As winds continue to blow across the northern Wasatch, the Utah Department of Transportation has issued road restrictions.
Throughout the morning, weather stations reported gusts of 84 mph in Weber Canyon, 79 mph at Park Lane, and 59 mph at Logan’s airport and at the University of Utah.
The National Weather Service has issued a High Wind Warning that will remain in effect until noon on Wednesdsay.
So far, peak winds for this event:
💨84 mph at Weber Canyon
💨79 mph at Park Lane
💨67 mph Logan Peak
💨62 mph North Brigham City
💨59 mph Logan Cache Airport
💨59 mph Univ of Utah#utwx
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) April 14, 2021
UDOT said a number of crashes have closed:
Salt Lake County
Westbound I-180 is closed at milepost 130 with traffic being diverted at the exit to I-215 East due to a crash. UDOT says motorists should expect significant delays
Box Elder County
Traffic on WB I-84 is closed in Tremonton due to multiple crashes in the area. UDOT said they don’t currently have an expected clearance time.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism