Cycling is a low impact exercise that offers plenty of health benefits. It can increase your metabolism, builds muscles, eases feelings of stress, and improves your balance, posture, and coordination. Cycling is often considered a great opportunity to travel – but in many people’s lives, cycling is not safe. Bike Utah wants to change that.
They provide programs like The Youth BEST Program that teaches more than 3,000 Utah kids each year how to safely cycle. Additionally, they are helping Utah communities build 1,000 new miles of family-friendly bike paths. Cycling in Utah is becoming easier due to the networks of bike lanes, paths, and trails that allow everyone to ride. Their vision is for resources to be accessible to everyone.
You can help Bike Utah’s goal of building better communities through cycling by participating in Bike Month events happening during the month of May. Visit bikeutah.org to find more information and participate.
SelectHealth recognizes active transportation support of Bike Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Cracks are showing in the coalition of the GOP, according to polling numbers
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC