Cycling is a low impact exercise that offers plenty of health benefits. It can increase your metabolism, builds muscles, eases feelings of stress, and improves your balance, posture, and coordination. Cycling is often considered a great opportunity to travel – but in many people’s lives, cycling is not safe. Bike Utah wants to change that.
They provide programs like The Youth BEST Program that teaches more than 3,000 Utah kids each year how to safely cycle. Additionally, they are helping Utah communities build 1,000 new miles of family-friendly bike paths. Cycling in Utah is becoming easier due to the networks of bike lanes, paths, and trails that allow everyone to ride. Their vision is for resources to be accessible to everyone.
You can help Bike Utah’s goal of building better communities through cycling by participating in Bike Month events happening during the month of May. Visit bikeutah.org to find more information and participate.
SelectHealth recognizes active transportation support of Bike Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses