SALT LAKE CTIY — There is a new option for those who want to recycle glass in southern Davis County. Momentum Recycling now offers curbside pick-up for glass.
In the past, curbside pickup for glass has proven difficult because glass can break and affect the paper, cardboard, and other recyclable items if they are sharing a recycling bin.
The new curbside service will cost $8 per month and is available for residents of West Bountiful, Bountiful, Woods Cross, and North Salt Lake. The glass recycling will be picked up once a month.
On their web page the for-profit company said it hopes to begin signing on cities in the northern part of Davis County and, eventually, in Ogden.
Ogden residents did not have a recycling option for the last ten months of 2020 due to a disagreement with Recycled Earth, Ogden’s recycling provider. But the Standard Examiner reports that recycling resumed in January. During the previous ten months, recycling bins were emptied but the waste was taken to a landfill.
Today’s Top Stories
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- Utah Tech recommended as new name for Dixie State
- Spanx employees given $10,000 and two first-class plane tickets
- Buzz Lightyear’s origin story is teased in a new trailer from Pixar
- Crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon claims one life, seriously injures child
- Investigators confused Brian Laundrie’s mother for him while watching their home,…
- What will a Covid-19 vaccine for younger kids mean? An expert weighs in
- Utah update: 2,000 new cases of COVID-19
- Intermountain Healthcare vaccine requirement
- Overdue Colorado hiker ignores calls from rescuers thinking they were scammers