SALT LAKE CITY — The Unified Police Department has identified a suspect in a shooting early Saturday morning which may have led to a crash on westbound I-80.
Melody Cutler told KSL that the suspect in the shooting is Terence Trent Vos.
Earlier on Sunday, Cutler confirmed that the victim of the shooting that preceded the car crash on I-80 is Shandon Nicole Scott, age 32, of Salt Lake City.
Started with argument, gunfire
Neighbors told KSL TV that they heard loud arguing coming from a condominium on Nibley View Court early Saturday morning. Then, the neighbors said, they could tell that the argument had moved inside a car.
And that’s when the neighbors said they heard four gunshots, and a vehicle leaving the condominium area.
Vehicle crashes on I-80
Later Saturday morning, South Salt Lake City police were investigating a single-car crash on westbound I-80 near the State Street exit.
Police later said that a 32-year-old woman died in the crash, but that the woman had been shot prior to the crash.
Unified Police spokeswoman Melody Cutler said the suspect, Terence Trent Vos, ran from the scene of the crash and was later found at a nearby church. He was arrested on a parole violation.
KSL TV reporter Garna Mejia reports that the suspect has a history of domestic violence with the victim.
Helpline for domestic violence
The Utah Domestic Violence Coalition operates a confidential statewide, 24-hour domestic abuse hotline at 1-800-897-LINK (5465). Resources are also available online: udvc.org.
- Utah Domestic Violence Coalition: Utah’s confidential statewide, 24-hour domestic violence hotline at 1-800-897-LINK (5465)
- YWCA Women in Jeopardy program: 801-537-8600
- Utah’s statewide child abuse and neglect hotline: 1-855-323-DCFS (3237)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
Today’s Top Stories
- The four teams the Jazz could play in Round 1 of the NBA Playoffs
- Major abortion case seeking 15-week ban on abortion in Mississippi head to the Supreme Court
- Special session Wednesday won’t address Second Amendment Sanctuary
- Tax Day 2021: What you need to know and how to file for an extension
- Man drowns at Pineview Reservoir, investigation underway
- Vehicles, cars burglarized in West Jordan neighborhood
- Search and rescue teams locate bodies of West Valley City brothers missing on Utah Lake
- Is it time to change careers? 41% of workers are considering it.
- What to do if you find a baby bird out of the nest
- Emergency order extended for drought, Utah Farm Bureau praying for rain