MAPLETON, Utah — A free online summit this week is coming just in time for Mother’s Day as a way to uplift and inspire moms around the world.
It’s the “I Am Mom Summit,” and a Mapleton couple created it in 2018. This year they have people registered from all over the world for the event, which runs Wednesday and Thursday.
“We believe mothers have the greatest influence on the next generation. We are raising mothers, fathers, politicians, doctors – we truly have the greatest influence,” said founder Jamie Taylor.
She said she started this project to help moms who feel overwhelmed.
“A lot of us don’t have education on how to do this. We are just learning through life experience. So I just felt like there was this need for us to have this education,” she said.
She said it’s about supporting each other and finding inspiration and encouragement.
“It’s hard to be a mom. It’s very fulfilling and rewarding, but also exhausting,” said Taylor.
The summit is also for dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, church leaders and anyone who is involved in helping raise children and teenagers.
This year’s summit has 27 presenters. Former gymnast Shawn Johnson and her husband, Andrew East, will give the opening keynote address. Other speakers include parenting authors Richard and Linda Eyre, Mindy Guymon, Chatbooks co-founder Vanessa Quigley and quintuplets mom Jamie Scott.
Topics include racism, infertility, teens, strong families and self-care. The videos, talks and presentations are all free to watch and rewatch this week on demand and for 10 days afterward. It is all free, but people just have to register and then they’ll get the links.
Today’s Top Stories
- These school districts will not require masks for the final week of this school year
- Emergency order extended for drought, Utah Farm Bureau praying for rain
- One person dead, firefighter hurt in suspicious Bountiful house fire
- New poll shows majority of Utahns are concerned about housing market
- Several pigs dead after falling out of trailer on freeway
- House Republicans vote to make Elise Stefanik conference chair replacing Liz Cheney
- No masks required for the last week of school, Governor Cox says
- Sen. Romney and Rep. Curtis push bill that sets aside land in Illinois amid ‘land grab’
- Is it time to change careers? 41% of workers are considering it.
- Where to get a vaccine in Utah for 12 to 15 year olds