Free online summit aims to uplift and inspire moms
MAPLETON, Utah — A free online summit this week is coming just in time for Mother’s Day as a way to uplift and inspire moms around the world.
It’s the “I Am Mom Summit,” and a Mapleton couple created it in 2018. This year they have people registered from all over the world for the event, which runs Wednesday and Thursday.
“We believe mothers have the greatest influence on the next generation. We are raising mothers, fathers, politicians, doctors – we truly have the greatest influence,” said founder Jamie Taylor.
She said she started this project to help moms who feel overwhelmed.
“A lot of us don’t have education on how to do this. We are just learning through life experience. So I just felt like there was this need for us to have this education,” she said.
She said it’s about supporting each other and finding inspiration and encouragement.
“It’s hard to be a mom. It’s very fulfilling and rewarding, but also exhausting,” said Taylor.
The summit is also for dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, church leaders and anyone who is involved in helping raise children and teenagers.
This year’s summit has 27 presenters. Former gymnast Shawn Johnson and her husband, Andrew East, will give the opening keynote address. Other speakers include parenting authors Richard and Linda Eyre, Mindy Guymon, Chatbooks co-founder Vanessa Quigley and quintuplets mom Jamie Scott.
Topics include racism, infertility, teens, strong families and self-care. The videos, talks and presentations are all free to watch and rewatch this week on demand and for 10 days afterward. It is all free, but people just have to register and then they’ll get the links.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’…
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen