Man stabbed after defending his girlfriend
SALT LAKE CITY — A stabbing in downtown Salt Lake City early Sunday morning sent a man to the hospital with multiple lacerations.
Salt Lake City police confirm a man was stabbed near 50 E. Exchange Place in the area of the Green Pig bar around 12:30 a.m.
Lt. Steve Wooldridge told KSL that a 29-year-old male was attacked “in defense of his girlfriend.”
On late Sunday afternoon, the condition of the injured man was unknown.
A suspect has not been identified or taken into custody.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- Update: Idaho Amber Alert canceled, children found safe
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Temporary stay issued for Utah’s trigger law
- Supreme Court sides with coach who sought to pray after game
- AP sources: At least 40 people found dead in back of tractor trailer
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Semi-truck transporting over 200 beehives rolls over on I-80
- 7-year-old boy in Layton critically injured after being hit by a car
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho