Motorhome a total loss after fire on westbound I-80
SALT LAKE CITY — A motorhome caught fire on westbound I-80 on Sunday afternoon at mile marker 62 (west of Skull Valley Road.)
The Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) confirms that the fire started after a tire blew and hub heated up. The fire spread to nearby brush but was quickly put out.
A male driver was able to exit the vehicle unharmed, said UHP Corporal Jared Green. The fire was extinguished with help from the Utah Test and Training Range as well as the North Tooele Fire Department.
The vehicle is a total loss.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans
- Hawaii’s Mauna Loa is erupting for the first time since 1984