Motorhome a total loss after fire on westbound I-80
SALT LAKE CITY — A motorhome caught fire on westbound I-80 on Sunday afternoon at mile marker 62 (west of Skull Valley Road.)
The Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) confirms that the fire started after a tire blew and hub heated up. The fire spread to nearby brush but was quickly put out.
A male driver was able to exit the vehicle unharmed, said UHP Corporal Jared Green. The fire was extinguished with help from the Utah Test and Training Range as well as the North Tooele Fire Department.
The vehicle is a total loss.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour