SPANISH FORK, Utah — If you don’t know Olivia Taylor’s name, you’re about to get an education on great moments in Utah high school softball.
Utah softball video makes Bear River player a star
KSL Sports shared video of Taylor, a center fielder for Bear River, rolling backward over the outfield fence to catch what looked like it might be a home run. Instead, the Bear River Bears stunned the Tooele Buffaloes to win the 4A Utah State Softball Championship game.
Taylor’s amazing catch Saturday afternoon in the Utah softball championship game helped lead Bear River to victory in the three-game series. They lost the first game to Tooele, 5-0, before winning both Saturday games, 4-2 and 14-6.
By Monday morning, video of the catch made its way to national television networks. From USA Today to CBS to Fox and beyond, the video received likes all over the country. Major League Baseball even shared it, as did ESPN’s SportsCenter.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- A two-vehicle accident in northern Utah claims one life
- Fire burning at old Diamond Lil’s, set for destruction on Sunday
- Instagram user says she saw Petito and Laundrie in Wyoming restaurant
- Board of Education to investigate Cline post on Racial Healing Group
- Police say witness beat up minister for inappropriately touching a child at an OK bus stop
- Utah Jazz require COVID-19 vaccine or negative test for fans, new rule sparks heated reaction
- Utah Jazz add Holly Rowe to TV broadcast team
- Utah man has sights on a record-breaking pumpkin
- Mental health magnet being mailed to Alpine District parents
- Boyfriend of slain Gabby Petito charged with bank card fraud