Scout camp evacuated as wildfire burns near Soldier Summit
SOLDIER SUMMIT, Utah — Wildfire officials say they’re evacuating a boy scout camp while they respond to a fire west of Soldier Summit in Utah County.
Utah Fire Info tweeted the information late Friday afternoon. They could not specify the size of the fire yet, or its cause.
NEW START: Resources are responding to a wildfire located west of Soldier Summit in Utah County. A nearby boy scout camp is being evacuated. Size and cause unknown at this time, more info will be available when resources arrive on scene. #ffslkw
Location: https://t.co/VQh2g6vFkf pic.twitter.com/MydODs2slb
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 4, 2021
Fire officials did not specify which boy scout camp was evacuated.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian
- Children among dozens killed in Egypt church fire