SOLDIER SUMMIT, Utah — Wildfire officials say they’re evacuating a boy scout camp while they respond to a fire west of Soldier Summit in Utah County.
Utah Fire Info tweeted the information late Friday afternoon. They could not specify the size of the fire yet, or its cause.
NEW START: Resources are responding to a wildfire located west of Soldier Summit in Utah County. A nearby boy scout camp is being evacuated. Size and cause unknown at this time, more info will be available when resources arrive on scene. #ffslkw
Location: https://t.co/VQh2g6vFkf pic.twitter.com/MydODs2slb
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) June 4, 2021
Fire officials did not specify which boy scout camp was evacuated.
This story will be updated.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Pioneer Day Parade: Road closures, times, and how to watch
- Church missionaries killed in head-on collision
- Fun facts about the Olympics
- St. George police officer dead after a two-week battle with COVID-19
- How to watch every single event at the Tokyo Olympics
- Man arrested after reportedly opening fire and barricading himself in West Jordan home
- To keep your green lawn during drought, listen to the pro
- Salt Lake City creates tiny home design contest as possible housing shortage solution
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties
- How the city of Mapleton managed to avoid a flooding disaster