Man, 30, dead from shooting at a Taylorsville apartment complex
Taylorsville, Utah — The man killed in a late Friday night shooting in the parking lot of a Taylorsville apartment complex is identified as 30-year-old Joey Duran. Unified Police spokesman Ken Hansen says the man died at the hospital a short time later after a shooting at the Atherton Park Apartments at 4545 S. Atherton Drive.
Detective Hansen says around 11:25 p.m. Friday night, they were called to an armed conflict involving two groups of individuals at that location.
Hansen says a suspect was arrested later on Saturday, identified as 21-year-old Sofia Penrod, an affidavit of probable cause says she has been charged with Murder and Obstruction of Justice.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges