Man, 30, dead from shooting at a Taylorsville apartment complex
Taylorsville, Utah — The man killed in a late Friday night shooting in the parking lot of a Taylorsville apartment complex is identified as 30-year-old Joey Duran. Unified Police spokesman Ken Hansen says the man died at the hospital a short time later after a shooting at the Atherton Park Apartments at 4545 S. Atherton Drive.
Detective Hansen says around 11:25 p.m. Friday night, they were called to an armed conflict involving two groups of individuals at that location.
Hansen says a suspect was arrested later on Saturday, identified as 21-year-old Sofia Penrod, an affidavit of probable cause says she has been charged with Murder and Obstruction of Justice.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- US added a strong 517,000 jobs in January despite Fed hikes
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- Bill would require buildings to post signs for events meant for adults
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Credit union picking up tab this weekend for adoption of larger dogs