South Salt Lake — An investigation is underway for a woman named Shylene “Shy” White Mortensen who police say may have been taken against her will at a gas station in South Salt Lake on Friday.
Police say Mortensen was the passenger of a 2-door, Gold/Tan Ford Explorer with two other occupants that were at the gas station at 287 West 3300 South in South Salt Lake around 9 p.m. Friday evening.
Reportedly, when the male occupant left the vehicle to pay for gas, the female driver of the vehicle drove off with Mortensen still inside.
According to police, Mortensen could be heard yelling “stop” as the driver told her to shut up.
Shylene “Shy” White Mortensen is described by police as a caucasian female, 5’4”, 130lbs having brown and blonde hair with blue eyes.
Police are searching for a person of interest in this case named Kayla Alanna Hauck who they describe as a caucasian female, 5’8”, 120 lbs with long dark hair.
The ages of these two women have not been disclosed.
If anyone has seen these two individuals or the Gold/Tan Ford Explorer with license plate U68 8JG, please call 801-840-4000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pioneer Day Parade: Road closures, times, and how to watch
- Church missionaries killed in head-on collision
- Fun facts about the Olympics
- St. George police officer dead after a two-week battle with COVID-19
- How to watch every single event at the Tokyo Olympics
- To keep your green lawn during drought, listen to the pro
- Man arrested after reportedly opening fire and barricading himself in West Jordan home
- Salt Lake City creates tiny home design contest as possible housing shortage solution
- Secondary water shutdown coming to parts of Davis and Weber Counties
- How the city of Mapleton managed to avoid a flooding disaster